CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEA CURRY
Event Date: April 28, 2016
- Canola oil : 1 tsp
- Medium onion, diced: 1/2
- Garlic, crushed: 2 cloves
- Curry powder: 2 Tbsp
- Low fat coconut milk: 1 can (165ml)
- Water: 1 cup
- Carrots( peeled and sliced): 1 medium
- Butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced: 2 cups
- Cauliflower florets: 1/2 head
- Frozen peas: 2 cups
- Canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed: 1 can
- Light evaporated milk: 1 can (375ml)
- Lemon juice : 1 Tbsp
- Fresh coriander, chopped: 1/4 cups
- Gently saute the diced onion with the canola oil until soft and lightly browned.
- Add garlic and curry powder.
- Add water and coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Add carrot, pumpkin and cauliflower.
- Cook until just about cooked.
- Add peas and chickpeas.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat evaporated milk in a separate pot until hot but not boiling.
- Add hot evaporated milk to curry.
- Garnish with lemon juice and coriander on top, don’t mix it through.
- This curry is best served with steamed brown rice.
Notes for food services:
- This recipe produces a fairly thin sauce similar to Thai curries. For a thicker sauce thicken with corn flour- Simply wet the corn flour with a little water and slowly add to the simmering sauce stirring constantly until the desired consistency is reached.
- This is an easy curry to make and you can easily substitute any of the vegetables for ones you have available.
|Value||Per serve||Per 100 grams|