The directory is about collective information about the services & support provided in Auckland and Hamilton in relation to COVID-19 to help for those who need support or those organizations supporting their clients or make a referral.
It includes food bank/ accommodation/ financial support/ mental health & wellbeing including family violence/ suicide/ support for seniors, people with disabilities, childcare, women, men, young people, LGBTQI.
Current Alert Level
What should do at each alert level?
The COVID-19 vaccine
Information about COVID-9
Posters and resouces
Please choose and click below for your preferred language about those information
English, Te Reo, Arabic, Chinese(Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Cookslands, Maori, Spanish, Farsi, Fijian, Gujarati, Hindi, Japanese, Kiribati, Korean, Niuean, Punjabi, Rotuman, Samoan, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Tokelau, Tongan, Tuvalu, Urdu, Vietnamese
For translated resources and to subscribe to latest updates see Unite Against Covid website here
Ministry of Ethnic Communities have videos for Golden Rules for Alert Level 4 recorded by their team. All the videos are available in the playlist here. The videos are available in Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi, Spanish, Hindi and Tagalog.
Information on Cases, Close and Casual contacts in 25+ languages is available on Auckland Regional Public Health (ARPHS) website here
The Ministry of Health is regularly updating the list of location of interest here. Any person who has visited a location of interest may have been exposed and must immediately isolate and arrange a test. To keep us all safe, it is important that everybody keeps an eye on locations of interest on the Ministry of Health website.
Where to get a COVID-19 Test
For up-to-date information on where to get a test in Auckland, visit here
Message from Northern Region Health Coordination Centre (NRHCC):
· We understand that people may be feeling anxious, but it’s important the right people get access to testing.
· Please only get a test if you have been identified as a close contact, were at a location of interest at the time pinpointed on the Ministry of Health website or have symptoms.
· The increased demand at our COVID-19 testing sites may mean delays. Our frontliners ask for your patience and empathy, please be kind.
· There is a Section 70 notice in place that applies to any person who is a household contact of a person who has attended the locations of interest or who has been classified as a contact.
· If a person has visited a location of interest, their household contacts will need to isolate at home until the person has received a negative day 5 test or until after an earlier negative test, if contact between the two people has ceased.
Financial support is available for individuals, family/whānau, foreign nationals, and businesses. Please see here.
· Feedback and website requests - COVID19Web@dpmc.govt.nz
· General comms to Covid.Comms@dpmc.govt.nz
Social media posts on:
Last updated on 12 October 2021